Friday 10 July 2009

Sticky Fingers quilt show

Wife and husband team Wendy and David own Sticky Fingers, a little craft and quilt shop in the village of Coppull in Lancashire. Wendy runs piecing and quilting classes in their building 'Next Door but One', isn't it a great name! And yesterday they held their first quilt show, supporting Breakthrough BreastCancer, they displayed quilts and wall hangings all made at some point at Next Door but One. They also had items made for City and Guilds and a Clutch of Cushions entries. Here are my favourite quilts:


The quilts in the photo below were both hand pieced.



The fabric in this quilt is a lot lighter in real life.


Over 50 cushions were made for a 'Clutch of Cushions', all participants purchased a fat quarter of the beautiful dark pink fabric (donated by Makower) and had to incorporate it into their cushion. This is the cushion I voted for, I do not know who made it but I suspect it's by a lady in my quilting group. I'll find out on Tuesday.

I have just realised the boy and I have made plans for the same weekend as the Festival of Quilts in August - argh!!!! I did not go last year and really wanted to go, let's hope I can do both.

Gx

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails