Thursday 7 January 2010

Looking back at 2009



Most years I think about making a resolution, some years I do and most I don't.  Last New Year I  decided any resolutions had to be fun.  I know I'm never going to give up chocolate - EVER, a new year is supposed to be about hope and something to look forward to, so why make it painful. 


I achieved 5 of my 6 resolutions:
  1. Try 1 new thing, anything as long as I had never done it before. Completed, I went on a dressmaking course.
  2. Finish 3 new books. Completed within the first 2 months.
  3. Finish 2 arts or crafts. Completed but I still have 15 UFOs, something to work on in 2010.
  4. Sew an item of clothing. Made a dress for my niece.
  5. Take 'us' photos. This is the most important and the one I did not achieve.
  6. Go somewhere new in Britain. We went to new areas down south and to Northumberland. To the right is a photo from our weekend away to Oxford, and managed to fit in a trip to Bath, Windsor Castle, and we got see an not-so-old housemate.
This year I'm not making any new resolutions, I still have my 101 list to work through, see the sidebar to see the tasks I have completed so far.


Here's some places we visited in 2009:


Recognise this place? The location was used in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, only a couple of hundred miles north of Nottingham... Robin's ship must have got lost coming back from the Crusades.  It's actually Hadien's Wall. It was built in northern England in AD122, spans 150 miles from the west to east coast and was used as a border or customs post.


We spent a weekend with two friends (another not-so-old housemate) in the north-east of England. This sculpture is the Angel of the North by Anthony Gormley.


Ahhhh, the beach. It's not far from where we live but we do not visit enough.



The boy and I spent a weekend in London, click here to see the photos.



Until next time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails